Sunday, November 20, 2011

A Thankful Salad


Happy Thanksgiving Friends!
I hope you enjoy this salad as much as I look forward to it. When it comes to Thanksgiving I don't necessarily change my raw eating habits that much. I may have a bite of sweet potatoes and a bite of turkey, but honestly I don't feel that deprived in any way...I just have come to a point that I know what my body does well with and what it can handle, and just feel what ever you indulge in, you can be grateful for:)
I am so grateful for my sweet little family.
Luvs,Ash

Thankful Pomegranate Salad

Half tub of Organic Spinach and Mixed Greens (Costco)
1 Organic Yam
1 Pomegranate
1/2 onion
1/2 C sliced almonds
1/2 C pumpkin seeds
4 stalks celery
2 avocados

*Combine greens in a bowl and set aside. Peel yam. Dice yam and onion into small peices. Drizzle the yam and onion with coconut oil and Bake on 375 for about 12 minutes or until the yam is tender and onions clear. While they are baking peel ans seed your pom. and slice up the celery. Then combine the nuts and seeds into a bowl and mix them with 1 tbs coconut oil, dash cinnamon,nutmeg and coconut sugar. Then combine greens topped with all the other goodies and enjoy!

*For dressing we use good oils lime and a dash of real salt.

No comments :

Post a Comment