Tuesday, December 20, 2011

Breakfast or Anytime



We have a shake around 3-4 times a week for breakfast, or lunch or dinner:)This is one of my Moms new version:

LIMEYLOVE SHAKE
serves 2
by Shelley Redford Young

This shake is one I created for the hot summer months but I drink it all year long because it's MY FAVORITE SHAKE!!!
I wanted a lighter, slushier shake with intense lime flavor like the lime-freeze slushes I used to have as a kid.
I took out all the powders, cut down on the avocado, went with raw, green ingredients and added more ice for more of a slush-shake
I always use raw green stevia for the sweetner
ENJOY!

1 english cucumber
1/2 avocado
1-2 hand fulls baby spinach
3-4 peeled limes (adjust to desired amount)
8-12 ice cubes
raw green stevia to taste

Blend on high until smooth and drink immediately!
YUM!

We pour out half to fill up mine and Matthews shake, and then blend in some frozen berries, coconut almond milk and some more stevia to sweeten it a bit more for the kidlets.

No comments :

Post a Comment